After School and mid-term programmes for the children and young people of Lambeth
Main Objectives of Music Classes
- To provide an opportunity to learn new skills, such as ability to play a musical instrument.
- Improve coordination and concentration levels.
- Provide opportunity to Perform in front of an audience
- Gain confidence and ability to work with others and encourage team work.
- Provide after school music classes for children and young people.
- Classes are delivered in a safe and secure environment within our own centre.
- Classes include Keyboards, Guitar, Drums, Vocals and Band workshops.
- Highly qualified teaching staff with years of experience.
- 50 pupils per week
What are the challenges?
- Inadequate provision of affordable after School educational activities within the local community.
- We address issues such as low levels of self-confidence, poor social skills and behavioural problems due to limited support structures.
- Secure environments for children to develop skills in relationship building and finding appropriate friends.
- Children are mainly from low income families.
Brixton Wings responding to local needs
- Provides a vibrant range of activities which all our young people can enjoy and learn from
- Learning through play
- Affordable registration contributions subsidized by funding
- We contribute towards the overall council objectives – such as improving community cohesion and life chances for young people.
- Provide Performance Opportunities in the community:
- Group workshops, co-produced by the children and teachers.
- Encourage and promote Soloist Compositions
- The Brixton Wings Band perform formally at least twice per year.