After School and mid-term programmes for the children and young people of Lambeth
Main Objectives of Rowing Classes
- Provide opportunity to learn new skills and participate in an ‘elite’ sport.
- Provide an opportunity to compete and represent LB Lambeth at the London Youth Games
- Gain confidence and good health through sport.
- Supported Lambeth since 2010
- Rowers develop skill sets from positive attitudes, agreeing goals to sharing ideas and race strategy.
- The balance of the boat requires high level of concentration and skill which ultimately leads to success and good teamwork and self discipline.
- Rowers learn to anticipate and follow the ‘stroke’ of the boat to maximise speed and precision.
- Hard work - on the indoor ergo machines or on water equates to positive results.
- Discipline – a consistent workout routine requires good time management and discipline.
- Commitment – team mates rely on each other to maximize results.
- Team work – team result dependent on all crew members working together as one.
- Delivered every half term for the full week
- 20 learners attend the program per term delivered by London Youth Rowing
- Brixton Wings works with Lambeth Sports and Lambeth Secondary Schools to identify suitable participants.
- Team Lambeth provided with Saturday training sessions in preparation for the London Youth Games Regatta.
- Coaching is provided by London Youth Rowing at Surrey Docks Water sports Centre and London Regatta Centre
- In 2015 we hope to include indoor rowing coaching sessions as part of our formal rowing programmes.